Pest & Weed Control

Font size A A A

Feral Wild Boar Control Program

The Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation (SCIC) delivers the Feral Wild Boar Control Program. If you see a wild boar, report it immediately to your local SCIC office.

Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation – 1-888-935-000

Saskatchewan Pork Development Board – 1-833-PIG-SPOT (1-833-744-7768)

For more information please visit:


2020 Clubroot Monitoring

Clubroot Soil Sampling Bags are available to producers in the RM of Sherwood who are interesting in testing for clubroot. This is a great opportunity for farmers in our RM to get a free clubroot soil test and encourage on-farm monitoring!

More information can be found by reviewing the following posters:

Clubroot Monitoring Program Poster

Clubroot Soil Test Poster


2014 Invasive Plant Control Program

The RM of Sherwood will be actively taking part in controlling invasive plants through a partnership through the Qu’ Appelle Strategic Weed Management Area (QSWMA) this year.  The RM of Sherwood together with WUQWATR will be putting together a weed management plan to help control weeds in the problem areas of the RM.  Ratepayers are asked to fill out the attached forms to assist with the weed management plan by identifying specific areas on their land which have invasive plants or weeds.

SARM will be contributing a percentage of the cost of herbicides to control certain weeds throughout the province, those certain weeds which are eligible through the program are:

  • All weeds designated as Prohibited Weeds under The Weed Control Act (see appendix A in the attachment)
  • Leafy Spurge (example) , Russian Knapweed, Common Tansy, and Yellow Toadflax, other Noxious Weeds are not eligible.

The RM of Sherwood will be budgeting 100 hours for a contractor to spray for those weeds listed above in the most severe areas, holders of private land conducting control efforts (on their land or leased land) can receive a rebate up to 50% of the cost of the herbicide.

For more information please contact the Public Works Department at (306) 525-5237.