Approach Construction Permit General Conditions
- The applicant shall be responsible for labour, equipment and purchasing of all materials required to install the approach to the standards as shown on Drawing 3.11 and 3.12 and 3.13, including 50mm (2”) of gravel or 75mm (3”) of asphalt (required for new approaches off of paved roads). Clean imported clay fill only compacted to 95% standard proctor density, existing topsoil in ditch to be stripped and reused on side-slopes upon completion.
- Corrugated steel culverts to be CSA G401-01 min. thickness 1.6mm, steel pipes used in the oil and gas industry may be used as culverts provided they are not bent or damaged. Minimum grade or slope on a culvert is 0.5%.
- All side-slopes on approaches shall incorporate 2” (min.) topsoil and grass seed upon completion and rip-rap shall be installed at the flared end sections when the culvert size required is;
- 450mm in diameter or greater or
- When the grade of the ditch at the approach is 5% or greater.
- The applicant shall be responsible for contacting Sask1stCall to have all buried utilities located prior to construction. Any damage to any overhead or underground utilities will be the responsibility of the applicant for all costs associated with the repair.
- The applicant shall ensure there is no damage to the adjacent road surface, ditches, and/or private properties, any damage will be the responsibility of the applicant for all costs associated with the repair.
- Construction signs are required for when installing the approach, at no time shall the road be closed to traffic.
- The applicant must notify the Director of Public Works prior to construction of the approach and after completion for final sign off and approval (ph: 306-525-5237 fax: 306-352-1760)
- All construction including cleanup and grass seeding shall be completed within 90 days of approval to construct. If final cleanup is not completed within the time frame or to the satisfaction of the Manager of Engineering Operations the R.M. of Sherwood may arrange to complete the work and bill the costs associated to the applicant.
- The applicant shall indemnify the R.M. of Sherwood, the elected officials, employees and agents from all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs (including legal fees) and expenses from causes or actions arising out of any breach or failure to perform by the applicant loss of property caused by negligence or willful misconduct on the part of the applicant or his employees, contractors, subcontractors, officers and/or agents.
If you wish to download and fax in the Approach Construction Application, please click here.