As per the RM of Sherwood No. 159 Assessment and Taxation Information Fee Bylaw No. 15/21, a tax certificate can be purchased from the RM of Sherwood in the amount of $30.00 per tax roll number.
As per Section 276 of The Municipalities Act, SS 2005, c M-36.1, a tax certificate will include the following information:
- the amount of taxes imposed in the year with respect to the property specified on the certificate and the amount of taxes owing;
- the total amount of tax arrears, if any;
- the amount of any local improvement special assessment:
- due with respect to any parcel of land; or
- shown on a special assessment roll for a local improvement, certified by the assessor, but not due at that time;
- notice of any intention to undertake a local improvement that the Saskatchewan Municipal Board has approved and that may affect the land;
- if known by the municipality, whether there is an outstanding assessment appeal regarding the property before a board of revision or the Saskatchewan Municipal Board; and
- if known by the municipality, whether there are outstanding amounts that might be added to the taxes with respect to the property pursuant to section 369.
Additionally, as per Resolution of Council No. 138/12, upon request, copies of Tax Notices and Tax Receipts will be provided to the owner of the property free of charge.