RURAL MUNICIPALITY OF SHERWOOD NO. 159
Proposed Bylaw No. 09/19 to amend the Zoning Bylaw No. 18/17 in the RM of Sherwood No. 159
Public notice is hereby given that the RM of Sherwood No. 159 intends to adopt a bylaw under The Planning and Development Act, 2007 to amend the Zoning Bylaw No. 18/17.
Bylaw No. 09/19 is intended to amend Bylaw No. 18/17 as follows:
- Amendments to the use of Cannabis facilities to be consistent with the revised federal regulations on Cannabis production and sales.
- Distilleries, Wineries and Breweries – add a use definition and add the use as discretionary to appropriate zoning districts (AG, CM, HC, I1, I2).
- Revise the definition of bareland condominium to ensure the district requirements are adhered to (setbacks from property lines, etc.).
- Revise requirements for solar collectors to clarify between on-site solar (rooftop panels) vs. commercial power generation.
- Clarification of the AG District requirements for subdivision and development (Section 5.1.3).
- Revise the rear yard minimum setback in the I2 – Medium & Heavy Industrial District to 6 metres.
AFFECTED LAND: The proposed amendments are textual and apply to the entire R.M. of Sherwood in accordance with the Zoning District requirements.
Public Inspection: Any person may inspect the proposed bylaws at the RM of Sherwood Office between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday excluding statutory holidays. Copies are available at cost. The bylaw is also available on the RM of Sherwood website:
Public Hearing: Council will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, December 11th, 2019 at 5:30 pm in the Council Chambers at the RM of Sherwood Office to hear any person or group who wishes to comment on the proposed bylaws. Council will also consider written comments received at the hearing or delivered to the undersigned at the RM of Sherwood office before the hearing.
For further information, please contact:
Manager, Planning and Development
(306) 525-5237 Ext 227
R.M. of Sherwood No. 159
4400 Campbell Street
P.O. Box 40029 Grasslands PO
Regina, SK, S4W 0L3