RURAL MUNICIPALITY OF SHERWOOD NO. 159
Alterations to Proposed Zoning Bylaw (Bylaw No. 18/17) for the RM of Sherwood No. 159
Public notice is hereby given that the RM of Sherwood No. 159 intends to alter the new Zoning Bylaw (Bylaw 18/17) pursuant to Section 211 of The Planning and Development Act, 2007.
Intent: The alterations to Bylaw 18/17 are intended to preserve existing uses under existing zoning bylaws (Bylaw 10/91 and Bylaw 7/11) and to correct zoning boundaries of 4 parcels.
Reasoning: To protect various existing commercial/industrial uses and residential sites from becoming non-conforming.
Alterations Described (full list of alterations including map changes can be found on the RM website):
1. Block B at NE 17-17-20-W2 is to be zoned Light Industrial District (I1)
2. Blocks U and B at N ½ 12-18-20-W2 are to be zoned Industrial Storage District (IS)
3. Block K at NW 36-16-20-W2 is to be zoned Commercial/Mixed-Use District (CM)
4. Change minimum site area under Section 6.3.3 a) from 20 hectares to the site size of each site within the Existing Residential District (ER)
5. Add vehicular sales, services, rentals, or repairs as a permitted use in the CM and I2 Districts and as a discretionary use in the I1 District.
6. Add mobile home sales, trailer or rec vehicle sales, services, rentals, or repairs as a permitted use in the I2 and CM Districts.
7. Add display and sales of prefabricated or prepackaged homes as a permitted use in the I2 and CM Districts.
8. Add home improvement centres as a permitted use in the I2 and CM Districts.
9. Add auctioneering establishments, industrial laboratories, general processing operations, vocational schools, truck depots, and licensed medical marijuana facilities as discretionary uses in the I2 District.
10. Move agricultural product processing from a permitted use to a discretionary use in the I2 and I1 Districts.
Public Inspection: Any person may inspect the proposed alterations at the RM of Sherwood Office between 8:00am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday excluding statutory holidays. Physical copies of the Bylaw are available at cost. To obtain a copy of the Bylaw and alterations, please visit rmofsherwood.ca under departments, planning and development, new draft zoning bylaw or the RM Office at 4400 Campbell Street, Regina SK, S4W 4L3.
Public Hearing: Council will hold a public hearing on October 17th, 2018 at 5:30pm in the RM Office at 4400 Campbell Street, Regina SK, S4W 4L3 to hear any person or group who wants to comment on the proposed alterations. Council will consider written comments on the alterations received at the hearing or delivered to the undersigned at the RM Office before the hearing on the alterations only. Verbal presentations on the alterations will be heard at the hearing as well.
For further information please contact:
Planning & Development Department
RM of Sherwood No. 159
(306) 525-5237 Ext. 230