The RM of Sherwood is currently seeking a full time Municipal Planner, who will report to the Manager of Planning and Development. The RM of Sherwood offers our employees competitive compensation and benefits packages including our 9% employer matching pension plan, earned days off, leadership development training and more. This is a unionized position.
- Receive, review, and analyze all applications for rezoning, subdivision, discretionary use, etc. in a timely manner to ensure compliance with the Zoning Bylaw and Official Community Plan; prepare detailed reports and recommendations for Council’s consideration, and obtain comments from government agencies when required. Handle internal departmental referrals for all applications.
- Review and collaborate with the Development Officer as required.
- Work directly with developers, surveyors, stakeholders and the general public.
- Prepare bylaw amendments, develop policies in compliance with applicable planning legislation, review annexation proposals, and prepare servicing agreements associated with subdivision applications.
- Provide input on all studies in relation to the Planning & Development department.
- Develop policy recommendations and assemble and interpret economic, transportation, demographic, land use and environmental data as they apply to planning projects within the RM.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with government agencies as required and attend and/or organize meetings as required with provincial and federal government agencies and committees, the City of Regina, and community and special interest groups as requested.
- Keep fully informed of current planning legislation, policies, bylaws and regulations and inform Council of changes and amendments thereto.
- Attend Council and ratepayer meetings as requested.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- An undergraduate degree (or Master’s degree) in planning and development preferably from a CIP accredited university, or closely related field,
- Membership or eligibility for membership with the Canadian Institute of Planners,
- 3+ years’ experience in the municipal planning field,
- Possess established knowledge of Saskatchewan legislation and law regarding planning and development,
- Ability to meet required objectives and guidelines,
- Knowledge of the planning principles and practices with direct experience in the local government sector,
- Ability to establish sound and effective working relationships with others,
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex technical and non-technical issues to Council, residents and stakeholders.
Does this sound like you? If you are ready to join our team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com today! We look forward to hearing from you. This position will remain open until filled.